WHO IS SHE? An up and coming independent designer based in the Bay Area of California. I started off sewing my junior year of high school customizing sweaters, shoes, and other things for myself. With the purchase of my first sewing machine my senior year I knew I would be unstoppable. Unfortunately I had never used a sewing machine a day in my life. But with a lot of determination I figured out and since then have been furthering my skills and making apparel for just about anyone who wants a bit of YO SHANK! swag. WHAT DOES SHE DO? Self taught sewer my main goal in the YO SHANK! line to to create more uniqueness in fashion. The number one reason why no two things I make are exactly the same. ORIGINALITY IS EVERYTHING. Everything in my portfolio are things I have made and examples of things I can make for you. Since like I said, no two things I make are the same you can trust you won't see another soul wearing it. YO SHANK! is not only about originality but also eco-friendly. The majority of the items I make are made from reused materials and fabrics.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Two To Tango

So I am currently in the process of a new project. An extreme high waisted pleated skirt which I'm so excited to finish. I've been tied up lately with my assistant manager position at the Fairfield mall store Styles so I haven't had much time on my hands but I'm looking forward to finishing it. I found some really great fabric for the skirt that is white an navy vertically striped.

If you didn't know that about me I'm absolutely in love with stripes. I'm in the process of getting business cards made that will be black and white vertical stripes on one side with YO SHANK! name on it. And on the opposite will be my info. I'll have pics of the card and the skirt as soon as possible for you guys and just hit me up via email or ask for the digits if your looking for more info or apparel.

I've also made a desicion to have two separate parts to my brand, YO SHANK! I love creating custom urban wear for my friends and peeps around town but I'm also really interested in high fashion and Have many ideas floating around in this cluttered crazed brain of mine. So there is two sides to YO SHANK! More to choose from!

I came across an ad for a screen printing machine for about $300. I've got funky urban ideas for tees I'd really like to make. I'm still deciding between saving up the $300 or DIYing screen tees for now. I've got ideas for both girls and guys. One I'm really excited to make it for girls that will have yellow colored sleeves (I've already got the shirts) and in the middle say "A tale of two titties" which to me is humorous and definitely something I would wear. I'll be on the Tee hype as soon as I'm done with this skirt though and I'll post pics. Let me know if you have any custom ideas! And leave comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment