WHO IS SHE? An up and coming independent designer based in the Bay Area of California. I started off sewing my junior year of high school customizing sweaters, shoes, and other things for myself. With the purchase of my first sewing machine my senior year I knew I would be unstoppable. Unfortunately I had never used a sewing machine a day in my life. But with a lot of determination I figured out and since then have been furthering my skills and making apparel for just about anyone who wants a bit of YO SHANK! swag. WHAT DOES SHE DO? Self taught sewer my main goal in the YO SHANK! line to to create more uniqueness in fashion. The number one reason why no two things I make are exactly the same. ORIGINALITY IS EVERYTHING. Everything in my portfolio are things I have made and examples of things I can make for you. Since like I said, no two things I make are the same you can trust you won't see another soul wearing it. YO SHANK! is not only about originality but also eco-friendly. The majority of the items I make are made from reused materials and fabrics.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Got The New New



This one is a hooded scarf I made a few weeks back put never put up for people to see. It also is pretty versatile. I love articles of clothing you can wear lots of ways and that are a big statement. Both these items are jersey and very breathable. For the hooded scarf I chose a blue-slate type color which I felt was suiting considering its for wearing during cold times. Its actually really warm too. I got the idea of it from American Apparel of something similar looking but their version was $30 and me being the cheap-o I am, I just made it myself for way cheaper. So take a look.















\
Let me know what you guys think! If you got any suggestions for things you'd like to see me make hit me up. Oh and of course if you see something you like just let me know and I can make one for you. Prices vary but I promise I don't ask for a grip. Lol.





3 comments:

  1. ur hooded scarf is koo. first thing i thot was "versitile?" and it is. and ya polka dot is too. sweet. gurl u needa go to new york. lol fashionista! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to shoot that hooded scarf and keep it! Send me it! I'll buy it as well, duh. The polka dot sash is great too! I love the versatility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks Blake!!

    But yea I can do that Acacia. Gimme about til Friday to have them made and sent off. And I was thinking of making the sash in more colors cus I no not everyone likes polka dots as much as me. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete