WHO IS SHE? An up and coming independent designer based in the Bay Area of California. I started off sewing my junior year of high school customizing sweaters, shoes, and other things for myself. With the purchase of my first sewing machine my senior year I knew I would be unstoppable. Unfortunately I had never used a sewing machine a day in my life. But with a lot of determination I figured out and since then have been furthering my skills and making apparel for just about anyone who wants a bit of YO SHANK! swag. WHAT DOES SHE DO? Self taught sewer my main goal in the YO SHANK! line to to create more uniqueness in fashion. The number one reason why no two things I make are exactly the same. ORIGINALITY IS EVERYTHING. Everything in my portfolio are things I have made and examples of things I can make for you. Since like I said, no two things I make are the same you can trust you won't see another soul wearing it. YO SHANK! is not only about originality but also eco-friendly. The majority of the items I make are made from reused materials and fabrics.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Trashion

Yo! I wanted to show you guys a few of the new designs I came up with known as "Trashion" fashion made from trash. Well not literally trash but other items of clothing I would have just thrown away. The first one is this sleeveless cardigan that I made from a scarve from a thrift store. It's beautiful but I never wore it because it was just too big to be a wearable scarf. And I also made this black & white skinny print belt that came from an old tote I had & never used. I'm really into the skinny waist belt trend right too. The third is a corset that I made from a too big skirt I got from Jcp's clearance rack for a great price. I matching earrings from this same skirt about a month ago and it looks great with the corset. Let me know what you guys think!



1 comment: